The Shasta Historical Society is seeking support in the following areas:
Museum and Library Host
• Hosts work at the Shasta Historical Society greeting guests.
• Responsible for giving a history overview of the area to guests.
• Helps the librarian serve patrons in the library and waits on customers in the gift shop.
• Reports to the Librarian
Volunteer shifts are any day Monday-Friday from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm and 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
The skills that are needed for this position are as follows: must enjoy meeting and greeting the public, have a willingness to learn information about local history, enjoy helping with shelving library books, and be comfortable with handling money. The Society can never have too many hosts.
• Responsible for assigning the artifact an object identification number and marking the number on the artifact.
• Enters data about the artifact on the computer.
• Creates an accession folder that includes all relevant information about the artifact.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Reports to the Registrar
This is a four to eight hour a week volunteer opportunity. Volunteer shifts are any day Monday-Friday from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm and 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
This person needs to be a detail oriented, independent and flexible person who is comfortable with computers and possess basic typing skills and neat handwriting. All other training will be provided.
Special Events Volunteer
The Society often needs help with one-time only events. These occasions may require volunteers help with a fund raising activity, painting a building, stuffing envelopes–as well as a variety of other special events.
• Reports to the Curator of Education
This is the most flexible way to volunteer at the Society. When an event is approaching, you’ll receive a message from a Society staff member through your preferred method of contact. You can decide whether or not to volunteer at that time.
Special Events Volunteers have a positive, can do attitude and are willing to do moderate physical activity as needed.
The Shasta Historical Society is currently seeking volunteers 18 years and older to help with the tasks above. Shifts are flexible and available during museum hours, Monday through Friday. Training is provided for all volunteers.
Interested? Contact us: